Assertive CommunicationACHIEVE Centre for Leadership Inc.
All available course dates
Our communication skills and style are essential to positive and productive relations. Effective communication requires us to be clear about our own thoughts and desires, and also to be responsive to those of others. Assertive communicators express ideas and feelings in transparent, open, and direct ways – stating their needs clearly and without defensiveness. In this training, participants will build an awareness of their communication patterns and learn to deal confidently with people around them. This workshop is fun, meaningful, and highly effective for improving communication awareness and skills.
Who should attend?
This is an introductory-intermediate level workshop.
Some of the topics included:
- What’s Required for Effective Communication
- Assertiveness Self-Assessment
- Characteristics of Aggressive and Passive Communicators
- Assertive Communicator Characteristics
- Assertive Body Language
- Guidelines for Offering an Opinion
- Strategies for Giving Directions
- How to Say “No” Assertively
- Skills for Making Requests
- Giving Corrective Feedback
- Dealing with Difficult Responses
Course delivery details
The half-day version of this workshop covers much of the same material as the one-day version but there is less emphasis on skills practice.
The full-day version of this training provides a comprehensive framework to understand effective communication with plenty of time allocated to skill development and content application.
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, experiential practice, personal reflection, and small group discussions.
Certification / Credits
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- To define assertive communication.
- To practice giving an assertive opinion.
- To discuss personal boundaries and practice saying “no” when appropriate.
- To outline the steps for giving corrective feedback in the form of a DESO script.
- To identify options of response receiving negative feedback.
ACHIEVE Centre for Leadership Inc.
ACHIEVE’s mission is to inspire learning and improve lives. We envision a world where everyone likes where they work. A trusted provider of professional development training since 2008, ACHIEVE Centre for Leadership offers quality training and resources on the topics...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...