Foundations of Fixed IncomeACF Academy
Foundations of Fixed Income
All available course dates
Foundations of Fixed Income
The Foundations of Fixed Income course is intended to give participants a solid understanding of the role and functioning of the debt capital markets. The seminar covers a wide range of fixed-income instruments, their valuation, pricing, and hedging.
During the course, participants will explore how these products are used by issuers and investors, and will be able to effectively apply their knowledge immediately.
Who should attend?
Who Should Attend
Anyone working in the fixed-income market.
A knowledge of time value of money.
Bond and Money Market Maths
- What is a bond?
- Bond variations
- Pricing coupon securities
- Zero-coupon bonds
- Price and yield
- Gross and net redemption yields
- The "pull-to-par"
- Amortisation of discount / premium
- Day-count conventions
- Accrued income
- Clean and dirty prices
- Current yield vs. yield-to-maturity
- Re-investment of coupons
- Price sensitivity concepts
- Duration, volatility, and convexity
- Calculating duration and convexity
- Duration as weighted cash-flow times
- Pictorial representation of duration
- Duration and modified duration
- Duration as a measure of price sensitivity
- DV01, PV01, PVBP of bonds
- Fixed income workshop
- Issuers and investors
- Why use bonds?
- The US Treasury Market
- T-Bills, T-Notes, and T-Bonds
- Auction process
- The secondary market
- The treasury yield curve
- Treasury strips
- Agency securities
- Bunds, JGBs, Gilts
- Treasuries simulation
Corporate and Other Bond Markets
- Corporate bonds
- Default risk
- Bond rating and rating agencies
- Covenants and seniority
- High-yield bonds
- Eurobonds and MTNs
- Floating rate notes (FRNs)
- Convertibles and hybrids
- Origination, syndication, and distribution
- Pricing and placing a corporate bond
- New York: $995
- London: £800 (plus VAT)
- Virtual: £725 (plus VAT)
Certification / Credits
CPD: 7 hours
By attending this course, you will:
- Explore the range of fixed-income products, their uses and applications
- Examine how banks apply the concepts and products to their business
- Obtain hands-on practice, using simulation and intensive interactive case studies, to consolidate the learning process
Why choose ACF Academy?
Over 100,000 professionals trained globally
Award-winning practical financial simulations
Consistently high ratings
About ACF Academy
ACF Consultants are a global leader in providing practical and effective training for financial professionals. Leading banks, companies and financial institutions from all over the world partner with us to develop their people to achieve their goals. They trust our...
Contact this provider
Fax +44 (20) 7716 0629
Tell us what kind of professional training you're looking for and we'll put you in touch with relevant training providers who will send you a quote.
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team