Financial Modeling MasterclassACF Academy
Financial Modeling Masterclass
All available course dates
Financial Modeling Masterclass
The Financial Modeling Masterclass is a highly practical two-day course that will enable you to master the creation, adaptation, and use of corporate financial models.
What really sets our program apart is the way in which we take you, step-by-step, through how a financial model works, and how the different financial statements fit together. We explain how the whole modeling process works, demystify the complexities, and really bring the topics to life.
Who should attend?
Who Should Attend
Anyone involved in the creation and use of company financial models.
A good working knowledge of Excel.
- Objectives of financial modeling
- Scope of financial models
Developing a Financial Model
- Conceptualizing the model
- Identifying key model variables
- Programming the model
- Organizing the workbook: Data, Assumptions, Results
- Allowing for flexible scenarios
- Producing reports
Case Study: Modeling a Company
- Analyzing the company data
- Designing the model
- Building and verifying the company model
- Creating the initial position
- Modeling the operating environment
- Applying accounting rules and business logic
- Creating P&L, cash flow, and balance sheet statements
- Verifying the model
- Running the model
- Generating and interpreting the results
Auditing and Problem Solving
- Checking the integrity of a financial spreadsheet
- Getting a financial spreadsheet to "balance"
- Moving from the past, through the present, and into the future: from facts to forecasts
- Dealing with part-year accounts and differing year-ends
- Auditing a spreadsheet
- Resolving circular references
- Documenting spreadsheets
- Risk and uncertainty
- Scenario analysis
- Using Excel Scenarios for different assumptions
- Sensitivity analysis
- Using Excel Data Tables to perform structured sensitivity analyses
- Monte Carlo simulation
- Modeling the cash flows
- Estimating terminal value
- Exit multiples, growth models, and WACC
- Applying valuation techniques to company model
Modeling a Merger
- Target and bidder financials (historical and projections)
- Modeling implications of primary financing structures
- Incorporating synergies and sensitivities
- Analysis of key output ratios
- Modeling a Buy-out
- Modeling the financing structure
- IRR, equity ratchets and covenants
- Incorporating sensitivities
- New York: $2,300
- London: £1,825 (plus VAT)
- Virtual: £1,575 (plus VAT)
Certification / Credits
CPD: 14 hours
By attending this course, you will:
- Understand how to construct sound and reliable financial models
- Learn good modeling style
- Develop your skills in implementing and interpreting financial models
- Explore different modeling techniques
- Appreciate the limitations of financial models
- Obtain practical experience of building different types of financial models
Why choose ACF Academy?
Over 100,000 professionals trained globally
Award-winning practical financial simulations
Consistently high ratings
About ACF Academy
ACF Consultants are a global leader in providing practical and effective training for financial professionals. Leading banks, companies and financial institutions from all over the world partner with us to develop their people to achieve their goals. They trust our...
Contact this provider
Fax +44 (20) 7716 0629
Tell us what kind of professional training you're looking for and we'll put you in touch with relevant training providers who will send you a quote.
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team