Financial Markets Boot Camp
The Financial Markets Boot Camp is an intensive and highly practical ten-day course designed to provide a solid preparation for anyone:
- Planning or starting a career in the global financial markets
- Transitioning from other divisions to global markets
- Working in technology who needs a sound knowledge of markets and products
ACF have extensive experience globally of providing highly effective in-house graduate training to the world’s largest banks. Now smaller firms and individuals can also take advantage of our unique blended and experiential learning approach through our Academy. Larger firms with off-cycle hires can also benefit from this program.
Our unique methodology integrates pre-course study using Acumen eLearning, dynamic instruction from our team of industry-expert instructors, and immediate application with challenging simulations using our award-winning Global Trader simulator, as well as real-life case studies and workshops. Gamification is woven throughout to create a highly engaging learning experience.
Participants emerge with practical skills as well as knowledge and retain what they learn.
Upcoming start dates
22 January, 2024
22 January, 2024
- New York City
22 January, 2024
- Virtual Classroom
Who should attend?
Who Should Attend
Anyone who needs to understand how the financial markets work.
Participants will have access to the Acumen eLearning system in order to study the following foundation topics:
- Introduction to Investment Banking
- Introduction to Financial Markets and Products
- Time Value of Money
- Basic Statistics
- Review of Time Value of Money
- Money Market Products and Markets
- Bond Maths
- Duration and Convexity
- Fixed Income Products and Markets
- Foreign Exchange Spot Market
- Foreign Exchange Forwards
- Equities Markets
- The Short-Term Yield Curve and Forward Rates
- Futures Markets
- Bond Futures
- Stock-Index Futures
- Short-Term Interest Rate (STIR) Futures
- Interest Rate and Currency Swaps
- End-Week Examination and Review
- Yield Curve Math
- Swap Pricing and Valuation
- Principles and Characteristics of Options
- Option Pricing – An Intuitive Approach
- Option “Greeks”
- Hedging using Options
- Building Option Portfolios
- Option Trading Strategies
- Caps, Floors, and Collars
- Swaptions and Other Interest Rate Derivatives
- Hedging with Interest Rate Derivatives
- Overview of Credit Derivatives
- Single-Name Credit Default Swaps
- Using Credit Default Swaps
- Index Products
- Risk Management and Value at Risk
- Regulation in the Financial Markets
- Final Examination and Review
- New York: $9,450
- London: £7,550 (plus VAT)
- Virtual: £6,800 (plus VAT)
Certification / Credits
Participants will receive certification of completion and the course carries 70 CPE credits.
By attending this intensive experiential program, you will:
- Have a solid understanding of the role and functioning of the global capital markets.
- Be familiar with a wide range of fixed-income and equity products, their uses and applications.
- Clearly appreciate the features and benefits of derivatives, and the fundamentals of pricing, structuring and hedging.
- Understand how all these products are used in practice by banks and their customers.
- Have the opportunity to apply theory to practice using simulation and intensive interactive case studies.
… and will be able to effectively apply their knowledge immediately.
Why choose ACF Academy?
Over 100,000 professionals trained globally
Award-winning practical financial simulations
Consistently high ratings
Contact this provider
ACF Consultants are a global leader in providing practical and effective training for financial professionals. Leading banks, companies and financial institutions from all over the world partner with us to develop their people to achieve their goals. They trust our...