In the 21st century and beyond it's a requirement to learn what it takes to perform at an elite level. Dominique "Dom" Brightmon, certified self-leadership expert, bestselling author, and host of the Going North Podcast interviews authors from around the world that has put pen to paper to help listeners realize that success is tangible no matter where they come from since many guests have published bestselling books, given popular TEDx talks, and/or created multi-million dollar businesses.
Each guest shares their backstories of what helped them to obtain a version of their own success while leaving tangible takeaways that fall under one or many of Dom's keys for Elite Performance from his 2nd book, Stay the Course: The Elite Performers 7 Secret Keys for Sustainable Success. Below are five of the seven keys with a matching podcast episode, quote, and description.
1. Mental Awareness - Along with a healthy diet of real food, have the mindset to not participate with illnesses like the flu. Episode 193 features the global authority on behavioral assessment strategies, podcast host, and 30-year veteran in the field of leadership, purpose, and wellness, Dr. Ken Keis. Dr. Ken and I talk about some of the benefits of healthy aging, the power of operating with integrity and tons more!
2. Influence Awareness - Leaders always are learning and they place themselves in an environment that promotes continuous learning. Episode 136 features bestselling author, certified John Maxwell Team Coach, Speaker, and Trainer, Kevin Wayne Johnson. Kevin and I talk about 3 characteristics that every leader should have, what every millennial leader should consider as their first steps in a new role, and tons more! Listen to this episode here.
3. Time Awareness - Time marches on no matter what we do. This special edition episode of the Going North Podcast features TEDx speaker, award-winning productivity expert, and regular contributor for the Harvard Business Review, Maura Thomas. Maura and I talk about what attention management is, her definition of work/life balance, and more things productivity.
4. Connection Awareness - Be relationship-focused when you connect with others. Episode 147 features speaker, animal lover, and one of Forbes Top 25 Networking Experts, Michelle Tillis Lederman. Michelle and I talk about trust, networking, her favorite social media platform, and TONS more! You can listen to this episode here.
5. Habit Awareness - Keep your brain hydrated by drinking 2-4 ounces of water every 30-45 minutes. A hydrated brain is a healthy brain. Episode 202 features keynote speaker, award-winning poet, harpist, singer, and the #1 Brain Rejuvenator, Julie Renee Doering. Julie and I talk about living a dynamic life by having a healthy brain. This is one interview that you don't want to miss!
About the Podcast
The Going North Podcast is an informational, inspirational, and motivational podcast where authors share their life experiences to help others advance themselves. Tune in every Monday & Thursday for a new episode on dombrightmon.com or your favorite podcast listening platform.